Instagram Reels: Instagram has launched its own short video feature in India called Reels. The new feature lets users create videos on the app, add creative filters and music, and share beyond their regular followers.
Are you missing Tiktok? Instagram Reels is here to keep you entertained and unleash your creativity through short videos. After the Tiktok banned Instagram Reels had the opportunity to become its most popular replacement.
Instagram has launched a short video feature called Reels in India. The new feature lets users create videos on the app, add creative filters and music, and share it beyond their regular followers, said Vishal Shah, VP of Facebook. The reels are similar to TikTok and allow users to create 15-second videos with popular songs, trends or challenges.
As per the publisher houses, Shah says the product comes from the realization that 45 percent of videos on Instagram are 15 seconds or less. “We also realized that stories are not the only place where they wanted to share these videos as they wanted them to stick on for longer and be distributed beyond their followers”.
We have already seen apps made by Indian developers, such as Mitron and Chingari, to try to capture the TikTok audience, and now the big mafia is stepping into it. As you know Instagram is owned by Facebook and already has millions of users in India. With Reels, this may be the most serious challenge for TikTok.
Instagram Reels: What it is
The new feature lets users record videos, add filters and music from Instagram’s catalog and share beyond the platform. Users will be able to share reels in Explore, and also on feeds with followers. There will be no monetization options for the creators now.
India is the fourth country after Brazil, Germany, and France to test this new Instagram video format. This feature will start rolling out for users in India today at 7:30 PM IST, If you do not get the option, you will have to update the app immediately. For Reels, Instagram has partnered with major music labels to provide users with a huge collection of songs to create interesting reels and share with everyone.
How to create Instagram Reels
Instagram Feed, Play the Video below
Reels will be available for users in India from today evening 7:30 PM. As this is just a test not all users might receive the update.
- To check whether you have received the update, open the Google Play Store or App Store, and check if a new update is available. If yes, install the update.
- Open the Instagram camera after updating the app successfully.
- Reels option will be available right next to Boomerang, Superzoom, hands-free, and layout.
- Click on the reels, shoot the video, and choose audio from the Instagram music library.
- Reels also have the option for the users to add AR effects and provide options like Timer, Speed to edit videos if required before sharing. Reels also let users re-record a video and even delete the video if needed.
- After creating their reel, users can choose to share it with their followers or everyone on Instagram. Reels can be explored along with the feed so that everyone can view your reel on Instagram.
Users with a public Instagram account will be able to share the reels on Explore. This will create a better opportunity for the reel to be seen and discovered by the wider Instagram community. Private account holders will be able to share the reel as stories or DMs with the followers.
Follow the #reels
How to watch Instagram Reels
There are many ways to view Instagram reels quickly and easily. Here’s how you can do it quickly.
- Open Instagram and browse your feed until you see a reels video. You will see the reels icon at the bottom-left of the video. Tap on that icon and it will only take you to the reels. The video will loop until you swipe down to watch more videos.
- An alternative way to view Instagram reels is by tapping on the magnifying glass icon and going to the Explore Feed on Instagram. You will see a huge reel video at the top. Tap the reels and swipe down to watch more reels videos.
- If you have posted the reels, you can also view the reels by going to your profile page and tapping on the reels icon.
Those are the main ways through which you can view Instagram reels.